[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 21 - New Linux Buildsystem Cmake Based

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 20 15:08:44 EDT 2008

Jason Birch wrote:
> I think that this was the last of the questions?
>
> Rather than continuing to beat this to death, I would really like to
> see:
>
> - Helio's current (3.4.x) cmake work checked into trunk as an alternate
> build system
> - With the understanding that this is Linux-only (and BSD/MacOS as we
> have time); won't touch Windows solutions, etc at all

Jason,

I think the way forward is to update RFC 21 to handle your proposed
transitional approach, and then call for a vote on it.

At this point I'm moderately supportive of the approach, and will commit
to doing at least some testing of the new build mechanism once it is in
place.

I would like to see the RFC include an action item for someone to write
up a brief introduction to using and updating cmake in the context of
FDO.