[fdo-internals] Request review of RFC 28 - Add Start/EndExpressionFunctions

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 23 12:33:43 EDT 2008

That makes sense to me; I just wasn't sure what you would use the
equivalent function for lines/polygons for.

Jason

From: Robert Fortin
Subject: RE: [fdo-internals] Request review of RFC 28 - Add
Start/EndExpressionFunctions

The use case: presents the ordinates of a point geometry as attribute in
a data table.  This feature will help us achieve that.

You could also think it can be used to display the coordinate as labels
as part of the symbology of a feature.

Or you could use the StartZ to show the elevation of a point or apply a
theme on it.

All these can't be done easily directly using the geometry attribute.