[fdo-internals] Zero-length Data Properties

Thomas Knoell thomas.knoell at autodesk.com
Tue Sep 2 11:32:25 EDT 2008

Hi Jackie,

-1 is also returned when something is not supported. For example, if you ask for the maximum data value length for a BLOB/CLOB in SDF, -1 is returned because those types are not supported. And then there is the case that Trajan mentioned.

Maybe the -1 indicator is too overloaded with different contexts and may require some reviewing.

Thanks

  Thomas