[fdo-internals] Is there any reason why the managed wrappers aren't generated by SWIG? (like MapGuide)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 15 12:42:23 EDT 2008

Jackie C. Ng wrote:
> Just curious.

Jackie,

Please, next time consider putting 100-characters long question into
message body instead of subject field :-)

Answering your question, I'm not sure but I suppose the reason is that
initially there wasn't any plan to add bindings to other languages.
Originally, native C++ API and .NET wrapper was planned.
Later on, Python bindings was introduced and based on SWIG but it would
make very little sense to rewrite existing .NET wrapper to SWIG.