[fdo-internals] MOTION -- RFC42 - Direct ArcSDE Provider

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 3 12:25:17 EST 2009

Greg Boone wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> There were no further comments on RFC 42:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc42  - Direct ArcSDE Provider.
>

> I would like to motion a vote to accept this RFC.

Folks,

I am embarrassed to admit I only read the RFC now.  I am very pleased
with this development and provide an enthusiastic:

+1 FrankW

While there are challenges and dangers to going direct to the database,
instead of through ArcSDE middleware, I think it provides huge deployment
and flexibility benefit.