[fdo-internals] FDO PostGIS provider developments

Dan Stoica dan.stoica at autodesk.com
Thu Dec 10 11:30:15 EST 2009

Hi Jackie,

> but dog slow in SQL Server 2008

SQL Server 2008 is not fast. Even native select is about 10,000 simple polygons/sec. This is confirmed by MS on their site. When comes to inserts it is expected to be way slower because of building the spatial index.

I'm not saying that Generic RDBMS insert cannot be optimized but the expectations have to be reasonable. Anybody is free to contribute :-)

Dan.