[fdo-internals] RE: Random question

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 6 12:59:07 EST 2009

Primarily, being able to work on large changes without walking over
other developers doing the same.  In some of the other projects a
developer will have a set of changes on the back burner over a couple
releases; having their own sandboxes allows them isolation from the
trunk, with controlled pull-ups.

For GDAL, this allows Frank to maintain an independent branch for one of
the customers he supports. For MapGuide, this allows ADSK to maintain an
independent branch related to specific commercial release points.

http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/warmerdam/1.4-esri/

http://svn.osgeo.org/mapguide/sandbox/adsk/2.1/