[fdo-internals] RE: MOTION: FDO RFC 34 - FDO Reader Access By Index ... Updated

Orest Halustchak orest.halustchak at autodesk.com
Mon Sep 21 08:46:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

FDO RFC 34 has been updated as per comments below. See: http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc34

Additional statements have been included at the end of the RFC:

To make sure that the access by index is easy to use by client applications, this RFC is including an additional requirement on the indexing.

The index order supported by the feature reader must be the same as the order of the properties described by the class definition that is returned by the feature reader. This allows application developers to have a predictable ordering and not have to maintain additional mapping tables at their end.

The default feature reader implementation described above will follow this requirement. Providers that do not implement these new functions natively will not have to change for applications to be able to use the index access. For providers that implement these new functions natively, this index ordering requirement must be used.

Since the RFC has changed, we should re-start the voting on this.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Orest.