[fdo-internals] Re: RFC 52 -- Convenience C++ API wrapper for FDO

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 20:47:23 EDT 2010

Hi Traian,

Some questions/comments:

1. Are FIDs just in-memory unique ids for features? I was wondering how this
would work for feature classes containing multiple identity properties.

2. Would this simplified API be easier to work with from a language interop
perspective? For example, would it be easy to make SWIG or P/Invoke wrappers
from this simplified API, or would a "hand-written" one be required just
like the current API? I don't like the fact that non-Windows applications
currently cannot use any of the existing managed wrappers as they are
windows-only.

3. I think that DatabaseDef needs an API to [Save to/Load from] XML

All in all, I do like this simplified API

- Jackie