[fdo-internals] WMS provider issue while consuming 1.3.0 server

Leo Dai leo.dai at autodesk.com
Wed Aug 18 06:15:01 EDT 2010

How does this ExtendedCoordSys.txt file be created?

If we want to generate this look file based on CS-Map automatically per release-cycle, I think we would need to create a utility tool which use CS-Map and output such file. But do we need to maintain this utility tool in source code?

>From the server I saw, it always uses short-codes. Below is information from spec for your reference:

6.7.3.3 EPSG namespace for CRS
The "EPSG" namespace prefix refers to the European Petroleum Survey Group geodetic dataset (EPSG), which
defines numeric identifiers (the EPSG "CRS code," corresponding to the field "COORD_REF_SYS_CODE" in the
EPSG dataset) for many common coordinate reference systems. Defining geodetic, map projection and
coordinate reference system data is related to each CRS identifier.
An "EPSG" CRS label comprises the "EPSG" prefix, the colon, and a numeric code.

Thanks,
Leo