[fdo-internals] Re: FW: [fdo-users] RE: Object and Association Support

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Wed Aug 18 16:29:14 EDT 2010

Hi Crispin,

The GenericRdbms unit tests provide some examples for object and association properties. These tests run against the OSGEO MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLServerSpatial providers, and also the Autodesk Oracle and SqlServer providers. All files are in See  Providers\GenericRdbms\Src\UnitTest\Common.

Object Properties:

    Creating:

        See UnitTestUtil.cpp (CreateAcadSchema()).
        A couple of object properties are added to the AcDbEntity feature class.

    Inserting Values:

        In FdoInsertTest.cpp (Insert()), tries both methods for creating object property values
        for AcDb3dPolyline class:

            Non-collection object property (xdata). Sub-properties specified directly to insertCommand
            using nested property syntax, e.g: xdata.DataValue.

            Collection object property (xdata2). Added by insertCommand2.

Association Properties:

    Creating:

        In FdoAssociationSchemaTest.cpp (TestCreate()).
        It's a bit more complex example since TestCreate() can set up a number of different test
        cases for difference class types and inheritance scenarios.

    Inserting:

        FdoAssociationInsertTest.cpp (masterTestNoObj()).

    Selecting:

        FdoAssociationSelectTest.cpp (masterTestNoObj()).

Brent.