[fdo-internals] GDAL v1.7

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 1 00:05:15 EST 2010

Martin Morrison wrote:
> What about MrSid?
>
> "WARNING: incompatibility between MrSID GeoDSDK and libgeotiff 1.3.0 or internal libgeotiff on some platforms (see #3309)"
>
> Do we know which apps are affected?  MapGuide?

Martin,

I would note this is not an issue on win32.

On linux the workaround is to build with an external libgeotiff
of a version preceeding 1.3.0 to match the ABI of the libgeotiff
used within currently released mrsid libraries.

All applications using GDAL 1.7.0 with libgeotiff 1.3.0 (the internal
version used by default) and the mrsid dsdk are affected.  It is not
specific to some applications, but rather to some platform/library
configurations.