[mapguide-internals] RE: [fdo-internals] Hosting FDO 3.5 builds / Binaries for CentOS and Ubuntu

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Feb 19 11:59:43 EST 2010

Hi Jason,

I am hesitant to make this change to the 3.5.0 code stream for a number of reasons:

1)      A beta was posted to the downloads site and I am working on an RC. Hopefully one will be posted next week

a.       I do expect that the RC and possibly the final release build will be complete before all the bugs are worked out of this new centralized build and install process.

b.      I guess I am generally being cautious here. I prefer to stick with what we know works instead of trying to fit it in with possible unknown side effects.

2)      We actually have build and runtime code that uses /usr/local/fdo-3.5.0 as a default install location. If we change this to another directory, we should perform additional testing to determine if we have not broken anything

3)      We have clients that have done extensive testing with 3.5.0 using the /usr/local/fdo-3.5.0 directory as a default. I would not want them to be asked to redo that testing at this stage in the release cycle.

Greg