[fdo-internals] FDO Thirdparty Dependencies

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Nov 12 12:25:18 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am getting some feedback that the 3.6.0 versions of the third-party libraries we build on Linux have certain dependencies that may be unnecessary. These dependencies now require clients to install additional components to allow the providers to successfully install and run.

CURL: Builds with LDAP support
GDAL: Builds with ODBC support

I wanted to poll the developers to determine if we needed to maintain the dependencies, or alter the build settings to remove them.

CURL is an easier question since it involves a static library rather than a dynamic library.
For GDAL we build the dynamic library and include it in the FDO distribution.