[fdo-internals] Re: FDO RFC 54 is ready for review.

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 19:41:58 EDT 2010

I agree, extending what is one of the standard libraries for
geospatial data access is a much better approach.

Tho for end users, especially those coming from a map info background,
seeing a MapInfo FDO provider in the list would be a nice thing to have.

Perhaps a mini wrapper around the FDO OGR provider or allowing FDO to
expose multiple supported formats as individual providers from a
single underlying
provider?

What advanced capabilities do mapinfo files have which would be lost via OGR?