[fdo-internals] RE: Create a branch for GDAL 1.9 upgrade

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Jan 24 19:57:21 EST 2012

Hi list,

I am making good progress on the GDAL 1.9 upgrade.  Windows/VC10 is getting close to complete.  I haven't started Linux yet.  So far, no changes to .cpp/.h files - just changes to various "build files".

The unit tests for the GDAL provider are executing cleanly on 32 and 64 bit.  I still need to do some minor fixups for the WMS and WFS providers and some functional validation of the new GDAL Provider with MapGuide.

Since we are releasing FDO 3.7 using VC10, do we still need to maintain the VC9 (2008) builds?

Regards,
Trevor