[fdo-internals] FDO 3.7 beta2 timeframe

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:05:50 PDT 2012

Just a thing about the cmake builds.

I have a pending patch to submit for review which will allow everything sans
the King Oracle and ArcSDE providers to be built via CMake. King Oracle has
no CMakeLists.txt files and ArcSDE I don't have the required SDKs to build
and verify.

However, here's the kicker: the resulting binaries built via CMake are still
not usable for building mapguide on linux because:

 a) The CMake build produces binaries with different so names (eg.
libFDO.so.3.7.0 instead of libFDO-3.7.0.so)
 b) Doing symlink tricks (eg. Symlink libFDO-3.7.0.so to libFDO.so.3.7.0)
doesn't work either as MapGuide will crash out trying to load these
symlinked so files, though this may not even be a working solution (noob-ism
showing here)

Still, I'd still like get these patches in for 3.7 anyway as it contains
some more build fixes for ubuntu. Being able to natively build 3.7 on ubuntu
is still something nice to have.

So for 3.7, looks like the official build will still have to be
automake-based

- Jackie