[fdo-internals] ArcSDE provider + raster data

Alfredo Muela-Romero alfredo.muela at pds.nl
Fri Feb 15 01:05:30 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

My name is Alfredo Muela. I am a software engineer working for a company
named PDS <http://www.pds.nl/>.

We are in need of raster functionality with ArcSDE. One of the ways that we
are considering (and the most likely) is to extend the existing FDO
provider and releasing our implementation back to the community.

In order to do that, we are assessing the effort that it would take. I have
been looking at the existing open source code in the GDAL provider
(read-only raster data) trying to extrapolate the work needed in the ArcSDE
provider.

If you have any suggestions or even a roadmap already defined to achieved
that goal, it would appreciate them.

Regards,
Alfredo.