[fdo-internals] ArcSDE provider + raster data

Alfredo Muela-Romero alfredo.muela at pds.nl
Mon Feb 18 04:16:32 PST 2013

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the detailed reply :)

I am already taking a closer look at the GDAL FDO provider in order to have
a rough measure of the amount of work. My main concern is that it doesn't
look like there is a great deal of complexity or amount of work. I put that
as a concern because I take it as "I must be missing something, otherwise
it would have been implemented by now"... unless it is not that useful for
the community and nobody thought it was worthy.

Regarding the testing part, if we released the code, it would have been
previously tested up to a significant minimum. In the end this would be
work that we are delivering to our client and it is important to us.
Related to the way to release it, we could discuss at a later point the
most convenient way (patch trunk? fork trunk?).

I will take a look at the WMS FDO source code as well. I was thinking about
creating a roadmap to reach the goal and share it here, let me know if you
think that would be too much traffic in the list.

Cheers,
Alfredo.