[fdo-internals] ArcSDE provider + raster data

Alfredo Muela-Romero alfredo.muela at pds.nl
Tue Feb 19 00:40:16 PST 2013

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the suggestion of tuning the ArcGIS server! It was something
that I certainly had not consider. I will gather some information about its
feasibility on the client's environment. Just a double check that I
understood it: the already existing WMS FDO provider can be used to access
raster data in read-only mode by enabling the WMS in the ArcGIS server
(which functionality from [1] does it map to? GIS Web Services?), correct?

Regarding your second point, I am confused. How would I access to the
ArcSDE raster data by extending the FDO ArcSDE driver with GDAL? As far as
I understand, the model used in ArcSDE is not GDAL. Could you elaborate
this further, please?

Cheers,
Alfredo.

[1]