[fdo-trac] #382: "Memory allocation failed" when attempting to get FGF text from certain features

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 22 10:12:53 EDT 2008

#382: "Memory allocation failed" when attempting to get FGF text from certain
features
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jng       |         Owner:  gregboone
     Type:  defect    |        Status:  new
Changes (by mloskot):

 * cc: mloskot (added)

Old description:

> Trying to get the fgf text from certain geometries will result in a
> "Memory allocation failed" error being thrown.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
>  * Connect to Parcels.shp in Providers/SHP/TestData/Sheboygan
>  * Get the fgf binary of FeatId = 97
>  * Create an IGeometry instance from this fgf
>  * Call the Text property, the error is thrown here

New description:

 Trying to get the fgf text from certain geometries will result in a
 "Memory allocation failed" error being thrown.

 Steps to reproduce:

  * Connect to Parcels.shp in Providers/SHP/TestData/Sheboygan
  * Get the fgf binary of FeatId = 97
  * Create an IGeometry instance from this fgf
  * Call the Text property, the error is thrown here

 ''mloskot'': I have added reference to the thread on the list:
 [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/fdo-users/2008-August/001070.html How
 does FDO handle invalid fgf geometries?]

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/382#comment:1>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>