[fdo-trac] #716: SQLite: Rollback releases the Spatial Index kept cached in statements generating a crash when are used.

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 28 14:28:32 EDT 2010

#716: SQLite: Rollback releases the Spatial Index kept cached in statements
generating a crash when are used.
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  romicadascalescu  |       Owner:  romicadascalescu
       Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
  Component:  SQLite Provider   |     Version:  3.6.0
   Severity:  3                 |    Keywords:
External_id:                    |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 The issue is: when provider rollbacks a transaction and there is a change
 in a spatial index, provider forces a spatial index release, however this
 spatial index might be kept as a copy pointer and pointer becomes garbage
 when SI is destroyed.

 To avoid this problem we need to avoid releasing the spatial indexes at
 each rollback and better solution is to empty by force the spatial index
 and refresh/refill it. This is a better solution since it will save memory
 free-allocate operations, and we just can keep the old allocated memory
 and just refresh the data containing the spatial index.

 The spatial index is still released in case a table is deleted/renamed or
 the data store is closed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/716>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>