[Fdo-trac] [fdo-trac] #899: PostgreSQL provider does not support other schema than public when fdometadata is activated

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 31 02:28:08 PDT 2014

#899: PostgreSQL provider does not support other schema than public when
fdometadata is activated
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
   Reporter:  bscott               |       Owner:  badreddinekaroui
       Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
  Component:  PostgreSQL Provider  |     Version:  3.8.0
   Severity:  3                    |    Keywords:
External_id:                       |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 To be able to insert/update data into a view, FDO require a primary key.
 With Oracle we can set a disable unique pkey constraint, with SQLServer we
 can use a view with schema binding but with PostgreSQL there is no
 workaround to make FDO find a primary key.

 The only way i've found is to populate all the fdo metadata tables. Works
 fine except if the client tables belongs to another schema than public.

 Included is a patch that fix this issue.
 The patch has been created on the Utilities directory

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/899>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>