SUSPECT: RE: [mapguide-users] RE: Please help me (ODBC configuraton problem)

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Dec 14 13:13:40 EST 2006

I think that there would be some real value in adding a layer to FDO
that specifies UI for feature connections, and how they relate to the
connection parameters (you might want to merge the results of several
controls into a single connection string, etc).

This is a bit of a hard problem though, because for complex providers
like the FME FDO provider this would have to be pretty flexible, such as
allowing a callback to the provider to retrieve a list of values for a
drop-down or multi-select, allowing pop-up dialogs for additional
format-specific options, etc.

Any interest?

Jason