[fdo-users] Failed to process the given spatial condition

simon hope simonh at geobiz.co.nz
Sun Dec 9 15:19:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I've come across an issue which i think i may have come across before [1]. I
am using the ArcSDE provider:

  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.ArcSDE.3.2</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for ArcSDE</DisplayName>
    <Description>Read/write access to an ESRI ArcSDE-based data store, using
Oracle and SQL Server.</Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>3.2.1.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.1.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>ArcSDEProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

I am setting a spatial filter on the select query then attempting to set a
feature reader by executing the query:

OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Feature.IFeatureReader featReader = qrySelect.Execute();

At which point i get an exception: 'Failed to process the given spatial
condition'. Has anybody successfully managed to create a spatial filter
using the ArcSDE 9.2 v3.2 provider?

Cheers

Simon

[1].http://www.nabble.com/Failed-to-process-the-given-spatial-condition-to13205208s16610.html#a13223966