[fdo-users] build_linux errors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 12 16:24:26 EST 2007

Marc Pfister wrote:
> Greg Boone wrote:
>
>> Run 'build_linux.sh --w fdo' and send me the output.
>
> With help from Frank W. I found that installing the ia32-libs packages
> fixed the FdoMessage problem.

Folks,

I would add that the problem is that for linux builds we distribute
a 32bit intel linux binary for mkcatdefs.  On x86_64 linux systems it
is necessary to have the 32bit support libraries installed for 32bit
binaries to work.

If we want to support other platforms, I think at some point we are going
to need to either distribute them mkcatdefs source, and build it, or modify
our configuration so the derived message files live in svn and we just
regenerate them when needed.

Best regards,