[fdo-users] SHP modifications issue

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 22 14:48:06 EST 2007

It looks like MapGuide 6.5 and ArcView are not filtreing deleted record.  The DBF file has a flag to indicate that a record  has been deleted, if these application are not checking for this flag, this is when you will see more record than expected.

What we noticed in the past is that on refresh, ArcView would actually look for the deleted record flag and erase objects from the display.  That's what you see on the 2nd issue after deleting record 8. The 1st record is probably marked as deleted when you begin. Now in ArcView when you delete the last record, it looks for delete record flag and remove not only the last record but the 1st one also.

The FDO SHP provider always look at the deleted record flag and therefore ignore deleted features.

RF