[fdo-users] PostGis and Map 2008 Bulk copy error

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Jun 27 09:20:08 EDT 2007

Hi Bruno,

Glad to see you have got it working (sort of).

I don't currently have Map 2008 installed.  Can you check to see if the PostGIS provider is writing a logfile of its activity to the Map install directory?

I wonder if the Sheboygan dataset contains some geometry types not supported by PostGIS.  Have you tried the open source fdo2fdo tool yet?  Its functionality is equivalent to the bulk copy tool, and it would be easier to locate the problem if it can be duplicated with this.

Maciek, would you mind testing this in Map as well to see if you get the same results?

Jason

________________________________

From: fdo-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Bruno Scott
Subject: [fdo-users] PostGis and Map 2008 Bulk copy error

 Map 2008 bulk copy tool is very great for translating fdo data
from one database to another

It's often the first thing i do when i want to test a new fdo provider

Here i try to bulk copy a sheboygan sdf to PostGis
And i got this error

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt."

It sucessfully create the table
and filled the geometry_columns table
but no insert at all