[fdo-users] Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map2007

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed May 2 02:42:31 EDT 2007

Hi Robert,

I think that Haris is on vacation or something :)

>From what I understand, you're likely missing a sequence.  I think that there is a naming convention (tablename_FDOSEQ or something like that) which is used by default, or you can specify your table using the external FDO schema table, which allows you to explicitly set the sequence to use for generating new IDs.

Hope this at least gets you on the right path...

Is it possible that in the movie you were watching he used the schema remapping tool?  If so, he may have set an autonumber flag and an identity flag on the "to be created" schema in Oracle before running the translation.

Jason

From: robert fritz
Subject: [fdo-users] Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map2007

But I saw in the flash movie by Haris that he did the same (copying a
shapefile to ora xe, connecting to oraxe using Autodesk Map, modifying
existing and creating new objects). And he did not do any additional
steps.