[fdo-users] Error getting FeatureSchemaCollection

simon hope simonh at geobiz.co.nz
Wed Nov 28 17:36:25 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm a beginner trying to work through the developers guide and using the FDO
.Net API. I'm trying to get details of the schemas in an ArcSDE 9.2
connection:

//create a command to describe the schema
OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Schema.IDescribeSchema cmdDescSchema =
(OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Schema.IDescribeSchema)fdoConnection.CreateCommand(OSGeo.FDO.Commands.CommandType.CommandType_DescribeSchema);

//create a set a featureSchemaCollection using the IDescribeSchema command
OSGeo.FDO.Schema.FeatureSchemaCollection fsCollection;
fsCollection = cmdDescSchema.Execute();

The code is crashing when i try and execute the command, rather nasty with
no means to dig any deeper. I have checked that my command has a connection
and that the state of the connection is open.

Does anybody have any ideas? On a related note does anybody have sample C#
code which i could use as a reference guide to get going with the basics of
FDO - or is there any sample C# solutions in SVN that i could use?

Cheers

Simon