[fdo-users] postgis fdo problems

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Feb 12 16:45:16 EST 2008

If the connection settings aren't coming up, then the provider is likely
missing some of its prerequisites.  Have you run depends.exe
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/) against the provider DLL to see what
comes up?   I believe that FDO 3.3 requires the Visual C++ 2005 SP1
redistributable package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4
A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

As well, there may be some dependencies for the specific version of
PostgreSQL that the provider was build with, but I'm not sure on that
one.

Note, I haven't tried this myself yet and I don't believe that there are
many unit tests for this provider, so there may actually be problems
with the 3.3 build.

Jason

From: ary sucaya
Subject: [fdo-users] postgis fdo problems

I was tried to use fdo postgis 3.3 with Mapguide 2.0 RC2 but i didn't
get lucky. My Mapguide Studio didn't bring up connection parameter to
postgis database. I'm sure that i didn't make any mistake on my setting
because i was succesfully use an unofficial postgis fdo (version 3.2
alpha) with mapguide 1.2