[fdo-users] postgis fdo problems

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Feb 13 13:26:58 EST 2008

There are some limitations on the PostGIS provider at this point, though I am not sure that they affect you as I can't see your data.  Specifically:

-          Ensure that you have a primary key defined for the table you are attempting to select from

-          Ensure that all of your objects (database, schema, table, columns) are lower case, and with no special characters other than underscore

The best way to ensure that this problem is addressed by a developer at some point (if you are unable to fix it yourself) would be to create a ticket in our Trac system:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/SubmitTicket

A good ticket is one which is quickly and easily reproducible by the developer.  Please ensure that you include:

-          A complete description of your problem, including versions of the software (MapGuide, FDO, PostgreSQL, PostGIS) that you are using

-          A reduced-set package of the data that you are experiencing the problem with (database backup and, in this case, MGP of your data source, layer, map

-          A script of steps that the developer can follow to reproduce the problem you are seeing

Thanks!

Jason