[fdo-users] SQL Server 2008 layers not rendering in Mapguide

Bill Ten Broeck btenbroeck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:39:11 EDT 2008

Hey Brent.

Yes. The first error is when I simply try to view the data:

<2008-07-09T10:26:05> 			Administrator
  Error: Failed to stylize layer: FloorPlans_SQLSpatial_FMWeb
         An exception occurred in FDO component.
         RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot
call methods on image.
  StackTrace:
   - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 776 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: FloorPlans_SQLSpatial_FMWeb
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot call
methods on image.

This second one is if I try just for giggles to select non-existent
entities; btw, the geometry column shows up in Studio:

<2008-07-09T10:28:08> 			Administrator
  Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
         RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot
find either column "geometry" or the user-defined function or aggregate
"geometry.STIntersects", or the name is ambiguous.
  StackTrace:
   - MgRenderingServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\RenderingServiceHandler.cpp
   - MgOpQueryFeatures.Execute line 125 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\OpQueryFeatures.cpp
   - MgServerRenderingService.QueryFeatures line 647 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
   - MgServerRenderingService.RenderForSelection line 1252 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
   - MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures line 249 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find either
column "geometry" or the user-defined function or aggregate
"geometry.STIntersects", or the name is ambiguous.
<2008-07-09T10:30:39>