[fdo-users] RE: [mapguide-users] FDO Toolbox

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Wed Jul 23 10:05:48 EDT 2008

Jackie,

Great work indeed. Finally and admin tool for FDO!

I played a bit with it.  It got a me a bit of time to figure out where you could edit the schema (you have to go back to the connection to find the popup).  But after that, it was straight forward. I like the fact that we finally have a spatial context editor.  I didn't spend a lot of time on it and will certainly do in the future.  A minor detail - the geometry type. FDO has 2 ways to specify the geometry types for a geometry property: geometrictype and geometrytype.  GeometricType is what you are using and it is less specific or too vague.  We added GeometryType which basically indicates the specific geometry type it support like point, multipoint, curve, etc.  I think that's what we need to show in the UI instead of the GeometricType.  As you can see, my comments are pretty minor so far...

Thanks for doing this and making it available!

Robert