[fdo-users] Does IApplySchema handle removed classes / removed properties?

Jackie C. Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:08:45 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the IApplySchema command with regards to removing
classes and/or class properties.

After executing an IApplySchema on a modified schema, the schema shows all
the signs of the class being removed, same applies for removed properties.

But if were to execute an IDescribeSchema afterwards, the schema returned
from that command still has the class/property that was supposed to be
removed.

I wrote a test application to verify my findings.

TestDeletePropertyRaw()
http://code.google.com/p/fdotoolbox/source/browse/trunk/TestApp/TestApp.cs#35

TestDeleteClassRaw()
http://code.google.com/p/fdotoolbox/source/browse/trunk/TestApp/TestApp.cs#163

In both methods, the class/property is indicated as removed after the
IApplySchema executes, but then it reappears in the schema returned by the
subsequent IDescribeSchema command.

Am I doing something wrong here?

- Jackie

-----