[fdo-users] FDO doesn't compile on Debian Linux

mike at malagatech.com mike at malagatech.com
Tue Jul 29 17:42:01 EDT 2008

I have downloaded version 3.3.1 of FDO to my Debian Linux system.  I'm
running the current stable distribution of Debian with the latest updates.
I believe I have installed of the required Debian packages to be able to
build and install FDO.  In addition to the base FDO source I also
downloaded the following providers: ArcSDE, GDAL, GenericRdbms, SHP.  I am
able to run "source setenvironment.sh" without an error.  I am able to run
"./build_thirdparty.sh" without an error.  When I try to run
"./build_linux.sh" or "./build_linux.sh --c release --a buildinstall --m
configure --w all" the process works for a while and then dies with the
error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target
'/usr/local/src/OpenSOurce_FDO/Utilities/Common/libProviderCommon.la',
needed by 'UnitTest'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/usr/local/src/OpenSource_FDO/Providers/GDAL/Src/UnitTest'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/usr/local/src/OpenSource_FDO/Providers/GDAL/Src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you,

Mike Juneau