[fdo-users] FDO OSGeo for ODBC

Gavin Cramer gavin.cramer at autodesk.com
Wed Jun 11 12:03:17 EDT 2008

Yes, it does look for views.  Does the view lack a primary key?  The FDO ODBC Provider has a number of ways to  find identifier properties, with the main one being primary keys.  After that there are a number of fallbacks, with the last one being to grab any non-NULLable columns and treat them as identifier properties.  There has been discussion in the past of removing this last fallback, but it has not happened yet.  In the meantime, if the view can be given a primary key (anything expressly denoted as such, or anything that is autogenerated), ODBC Provider will use it instead of the columns that you want for ordinates.

Gavin