[fdo-users] Newbe question

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 7 04:22:24 EST 2008

Ed, just so you're aware, you may be in for a little bit of pain depending on the platform that you are building for.  Cross-platform build support is one of the acknowledged weaknesses of both FDO and MapGuide, and is an area we could really use some help in.

There is some community-contributed documentation on the process in the OSGeo wiki, for various builds of MapGuide.  I wrote (refactored) the one for Ubuntu 7.10 & MGOS 2.0 pre-beta, but didn't get it working entirely to my satisfaction at the time, and haven't had a chance to go back to it.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Building_MapGuide_quick_starts_guides

Jason