[fdo-users] SQL Server Spatial 2008 Provider (Beta 1) for FDO
Open Source 3.2.3
Crispin at 1Spatial
Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Thu Mar 13 16:51:06 EDT 2008
... some comments on initial work on the provider... overall I was pleased
how far I could progress with a 64-bit SQLServer 2008 Feb CTP on Win2008
64-bit from an XP client and FDO 3.3, however there are a few showstoppers
in my knowledge, the current Katmai version and possibly the FDO provider...
1) I cannot use IInsert command on a "foreign" schema because there is an
exception thrown related to IsAbstractClass - this seems a bit harsh!
2) I do not know what the parameters are to create a new ICreateDataStore.
I could "fudge" it by creating a nonspatial SQLServer datastore that has the
metadata tables etc etc. Any help here?
3) I could not create an autonumber column as all the datatypes e.g. Int_32
said they were not supported for IsAutoGenerated columns.
4) When inserting into geometry columns I often came across the following
two errors thrown by SQLServer (the second limitation could be an issue -
can the provider generale WKT blobs instead of long geometry text?):
--> "RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with
results for another hstmt "
--> "RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid string or buffer
5) When querying the data I got the following excpetion with a spatial
Exception Raised: RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The
STRelate function requires 2 argument(s).
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/SQL-Server-Spatial-2008-Provider-%28Beta-1%29-for-FDO-Open-Source-3.2.3-tp15881423s18162p16038346.html
Sent from the fdo-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the fdo-users