[fdo-users] Basic FDO questions.

ssakharov ssakharov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 07:58:57 EDT 2008

I probably didnt ask the question very clearly.  So far all the wms servers
i've connected to, the only properties for feature classes that i have been
able to retrieve were the baseproperties, 1) id and 2) raster.  The
getproperties command always returns 0 properties.  This might be because
the jpl and metacarta wms servers dont supply any other properties, i just
want verification that i should be able to get access to all the properties
supplied by the wms server.  As i havent been able to see this yet.

Secondly when i use other tools to connect to wms servers, the layers
provide an abstract (detailed info ).  I can see this info on the jpl wms
when i connect via gvSIG.  But i cant seem to get the same info from FDO.
The description field on the fdo feature class matches the wms layer title,
not the abstract.

Hope that makes more sense :)