[fdo-users] .net Wrapper quirks

Clayton Hotson clayton.hotson at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 28 05:33:37 EDT 2008

Thanks for putting this together, Maksim.

Regarding the use of the GC methods, I'm not certain these are what the FDO
guys had in mind to use (though it may actually workaround the problem, I'm
not sure) as there seems to be a clear disposal pattern in use with these
wrappers given that FDO is unmanaged underneath.  Since the problem exhibits
itself with large datasets, we may also run out of memory if we keep
everything alive :-).

2c.

Clayton

Maksim Sestic wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> Here it is:
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/284 http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/284
>
> Regards,
> Maksim Sestic
>

> gregboone wrote:
>>
>> Can you jot down in bullet point form the use case? Can you log a ticket
>> in Trac and attach any relevant data set?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg

>>> dennis