[fdo-users] Error: An exception occurred in FDOcomponent.CLNT_8_UNABLE_TO_LOAD_LIBRARY

larry white larz at neomatix.ca
Fri Mar 28 16:01:55 EDT 2008

Amilkar,

A while back, I did some testing with oracle and found that I had to add
some environment variables and modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in a
some files so that the oracle client libraries could be used by fdo.

file: $path_to_mapguide/webserverextensions/apache2/conf/mapguide.conf
ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN variables will need to be added.
Plus, you need to add $ORACLE/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
SetEnv ORACLE_HOME "/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/"
SetEnv TNS_ADMIN "$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin"
SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
"/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/lib:/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/php/lib:/usr/local/mapguideopensource/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib"

file: $path_to_mapguide/server/bin/mgserver.sh (and/or)
file: $path_to_mapguide/server/bin/mgserverd.sh
export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
export ORACLE_SID=$orasid
export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/fdo-3.x.x/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and TNS_ADMIN variables will need to be added.
Plus, you need to add $ORACLE/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
As well, replace $orasid and fdo-3.x.x with appropriate values.

I think another option that might work, is to copy or symlink the oracle
client libraries into /usr/local/fdo-3.x.x/lib.

In either case, you'll need to restart MapGuide server for the changes
to take effect.

Hope this help or, at least, points you in the right direction

-- larry white
Sr. Systems Analyst
neomatix.ca