[fdo-users] ArcSDE connection string help

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Tue Nov 25 13:23:44 EST 2008

Thanks Jack - This was very helpful. I am now able to connect to ArcSDE
using my .net code. My next hurdle appears to be creating feature
classes correctly. I have created a single feature class using ArcSDE.
This feature class is a line feature so I think it has geometry
properties. However, using the FDO API I am not able to see the feature
class. I started with a FeatureSchemaCollectrion object and drilled down
to the PropertyDefinition objects in the collection but there do not
appear to be any featureClass objects. I have used this same code with
Oracle and MySQL so am pretty sure it works.

Also, I can not see the feature class when I connect through Display
Manager.

Does anyone have any guidance on setting up feature classes in
ArcCatalog that might affect whether or not the FDO API can recognize
the feature class?

Thanks

George McLean