[fdo-users] Shape file Extents

Shaik Esu ShaikEsu at infotechsw.com
Tue Oct 14 01:12:14 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Here is the c#.net code to get the extents of the featureclass.

This code might help the new programmers to FDO like me.

       public IPolygon GetExtents()
        {
            IPolygon retpolygon;
            ISelectAggregates pselagree =
(ISelectAggregates)FDOConnection.CreateCommand(CommandType.CommandType_Selec
tAggregates);

pselagree.SetFeatureClassName(System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(Ope
nedFile));
            IFeatureReader FDOReader = pselagree.Execute();
            FgfGeometryFactory GeoFac = new FgfGeometryFactory();

            Byte[] Tmppts = FDOReader.GetGeometry("Geometry");

            IGeometry Geo = GeoFac.CreateGeometryFromFgf(Tmppts);

            retpolygon = (IPolygon)Geo;

            return retpolygon;

        }

Regards,