[fdo-users] Arc SDE 9.3

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Tue Oct 21 15:19:41 EDT 2008

Jason,

I just double checked with our developer:  The only issue we found was due to the CreateSpatialContext command.  That has not been fixed yet. That forces us to hand craft our unit test since this command was used to build the data set.  But in the case of ArcSDE provider, this is not a command that you are likely to use as the schema is already created using ArcSDE tools.

So, as long as you use the provider on Windows, without dbo user and without Windows Authentication, you should be able to use the 3.3.2 provider to connect to ArcSDE 9.3 using either 9.2 or 9.3 client dlls.  I read that there was some restriction using 9.2 client with SP5 and above but I think it has to do with direct connect mode only.

BTW I'm trying to the get info on how to setup direct connect on the FDO site.  I think this should also work for FDO 3.3.2 but we really just tested it with FDO 3.4 so far.

RF