[fdo-users] GEOMETRY_SI Properties?

Gavin Cramer gavin.cramer at autodesk.com
Wed Apr 8 12:08:01 EDT 2009

These are specific to the commercial SQL Server provider, which supports SQL Server 2005 (and SQL Server 2000 in the past -- I am not sure whether that is still supported).  These RDBMS versions pre-date the native spatial support that comes with SQL Server 2008, and so the spatial support is a proprietary solution.

The commercial products do not ship with any access to these columns via FDO.  The SQL Server provider considers them and the geometry column to all constitute the geometry property when mapped to the FDO property schema.  However, you may be able to get some extra tools to do what you want.  If you have a technical support contact, I recommend that you use it to get help that way.

Gavin