[fdo-users] FDO 3.4 final broke my toolbox

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 03:13:24 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I've upgraded the FDO binaries in FDO Toolbox from 3.4 RC1 to 3.4 final and now I always get a System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException thrown whenever I try to get an IProviderRegistry or IConnectionManager reference from the FeatureAccessManager.

The stack traces I get are:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External Component has thrown an exception

at FdoFeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager() [or FdoFeatureAccessManager.GetProviderRegistry()]
at OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager() [or OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetProviderRegistry()]
at [whatever method that tries to obtain an IProviderRegistry or IConnectionManager reference]

Since these two interfaces are basically the gateway to the rest of the FDO API, FDO Toolbox with 3.4 final binaries is currently broken as it is.

Any ideas?

- Jackie