[fdo-users] Trying to get FDO-Postgis to work in Topobase Map 2010

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Aug 11 05:44:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to get the FDO Postgis provider to work in my Topobase 2010
installation (which is built on top of Map3D 2010).

I followed the instructions at http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoPostGISNotes

but when I'm trying to load the data provider I get the following error
message (I am translating from german, since it is a german error
message):

"Connection-Element for Provider could not be loaded. Either the provider
is not installed, or an error occured while accessing the module"

See screenshot attached with the original german error message.

Is there a dll-missing or of wrong version? I copied some Dlls from
pgadmin3 to fdo/bin, incl.

* comerr32.dll
* gssapi32.dll
* k5sprt32.dll
* libeay32.dll
* libiconv-2.dll
* libintl-8.dll
* libpg.dll
* msvcr90.dll
* dwmapi.dll

I checked PostGISProvider.dll with the dependency walker and it did not
complain about missing dlls - but it issued a warning: "At least one
module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a
delay-load dependent module".

Any idea on what may be wrong that the Postgis-Provider doesn't load?

I am on WindowsXP, SP3.

Thanks,
Andreas

--