[fdo-users] Disappearing Shape File Objects

Denis Lalonde denlalonde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:33:18 EST 2009

I posted this in the Autocad Map3D discussion forum but am not getting any hits.

With AutoCad Map 3D 2010, when opening most existing Shapefile based
layers, via the FDO shape provider (in the “connect to data…” tool),
many features within these layers are missing or/and randomly
disappear/reappear as I pan and zoom the map.

All of the problematic shape files show up fine in ESRI products as
well as in MapGuide 6.5....so I assume that they are not corrupt.

Also, with the latest release of MGOS 2.1, I get the same issue with
unmanaged shape files....as I did with previous releases.

I am assuming that this is an FDO issue and that both these products
are using the latest DFO version.

If there is a better place to post this message?

Any ideas?

MAP3D 2010 on - New Dell T3500 XP64bit.

MGOS 2.1 - PHP, IIS, WinSever2003

Thanks,