[fdo-users] Get Property datatype

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:51:43 EST 2009

PropertyType tells you what you can safely cast that PropertyDefinition into

PropertyType_AssociationProperty means cast it to a
AssociationPropertyDefinition
PropertyType_GeometricProperty means cast it to a
GeometricPropertyDefinition
PropertyType_ObjectProperty means cast it to a ObjectPropertyDefinition
PropertyType_RasterProperty means cast it to a RasterPropertyDefinition
PropertyType_DataProperty means cast it to a DataPropertyDefinition

Thus you want to check if the property is a data property, then you can
safetly cast to a DataPropertyDefinition and interrogate its DataType
property to determine the data type.

- Jackie